Friday, February 17, 2012
HAVE FUN AND BE PLAYFUL!
Hello my fellow human. How are you today? Are you ready for the weekend? I am!
Are you going to have fun? Are you going to do something that allows you to be playful?
If you are a regular reader of my blog, you have noticed that I always say have fun and be playful.
Do you have fun? Are you playful?
These are some of the most important ways to be in life.
I can honestly say that I intentionally have fun and am playful.
Sometimes the stress of life and our busy schedules can really get to us so that we are so serious all the time we forget to have fun and be playful. There are some people out there who have no idea how to have fun and be playful.
There have been many a people who have come to me when they just plain ole can't enjoy life. It is more like they won't and they just forget how.
If you are not having fun and find it hard to be playful here is your prescription...
1) Set an intention to have fun and be playful. Be on purpose with this. You should be saying to yourself, "Today, I am going to have fun and be playful."
2) Find fun things to do and find things funny. Laugh at yourself and with others, and stop being so serious.
3) Focus on what you are grateful for and what is good about others, life, and yourself. When we are grateful and focus on the good, we feel good, which is a great precursor for having fun.
4) Do not correct people, make people follow rules, or try to be right. It is better to be kind, fun, and playful than to be correcting people, making them follow rules, or trying to be right. Ugh, people who do that are missing out on life. Now I am not talking about work, I am talking the weekend here. Although, it is always the right time to be kind, and with practice you can find the appropriate times for fun, and playfulness at work.
5) Smile! Start the day with a silly smile at yourself in the mirror. This is absolutely so idiotic that you will have no choice but to laugh at yourself. Then do a big ridiculous smile the whole day at others, even if they are being mean.
6) Finally, play around with the people around you, not in a negative/teasing way but in a fun LOVING positive way. Be flirty with your spouse/bf/gf/significant other.
If you do these things, or at least most of them, you will have fun while being playful.
If you are really a serious person, start slow. Choose one at a time and make each one a habit.
Most people know how to have fun, and for some, this may just be a reminder. But there are those very few who are always fun, and always being playful. It is my hope for you, that you are destressing yourself by having fun and being playful.
That's all I got.
Here is to having fun and being playful. YOU GOT THIS!!!
Have a great weekend, and see you Monday
Have fun! Be playful!
Subscribe to my blog by putting your email address in the box above, and you will receive updated posts. Don't forget to confirm your subscription.
Destress Yourself eBook and Paperback here