Hello there my friend. How are you this lovely Saturday morning? I am fantastico. About to get ready to help a friend. It's gonna be fun, and I love fun.
I have been blogging for over 6 1/2 years, and it took me about one year to really get traffic and to really start helping people out. Believe it or not, when I started to get busy, I would get upwards of over 50 emails a day, and over the weekend I could get over 150. The reason I tell you that is because I have the greatest opportunity in the universe to help people all over the world with stress.
If you are stressed, the best thing you can do is learn how to destress, and I want to delineate a list of things that must be done, and then through out the week, I will talk about each item in detail. Why am I doing this? Well, I love to help people with stress because stress causes misery, and the other reason is I feel like I have neglected my blog readers lately. I have been so busy, I rarely blog anymore on a regular basis.
Here is the list of things that you can do if you wanna know how to destress.
1. Take responsibility for your life. When we take responsibility for our life, we are truly making things happen for ourselves rather than letting what may come, come by default. The way we take responsibility is by choosing, and being more intentional with, our thoughts, feelings, and actions. If you feel bad the majority of the time you will have stress. If you feel bad the majority of the time, your thoughts are, by default, thinking negatively.
2. Make a commitment to your change. If you are unhappy, angry, anxious, or depressed, you are the only one who can change it. We all know that statement is true, but how many of us really do anything about it? If you are unhappy, angry, anxious, or depressed, you might want to do a little more for yourself than what you are doing now, and that takes a commitment. I always tell my clients, and readers, to make at least a 90 day commitment to change their thoughts, feelings, and actions intentionally. Although, this is a life long commitment, we have to start somewhere, and 90 days is a good place. I commit to myself everyday, all day long, for a stress free me.
3. Have an open mind. When we have an open mind, we are teachable, and willing to try new things. If you are unhappy, angry, anxious, or depressed, you are stressed. If you are stressed, what you are doing is probably not working, and therefore, having an open mind, being teachable, and being willing to try new things like meditation (quieting the worried stressful mind), affirmations (intentionally being faithful and hopeful), and creating intentional visualizations (thinking about the best instead of playing the worst possible scenario out in your mind over and over), you can, and will, help you make a stress free you.
4. Create faith. Oh baby, this is important, oh so very important, in learning how to destress. The opposite of faith is fear, i.e. worry. Fear is the trigger of the fight or flight response, which is the stress response. When we have fear, or worry, we trigger this response. If we have fear, or worry, on a regular basis, we trigger this response on a regular basis. Triggering the fight or flight response on a regular basis is unhealthy because it shifts our bodily functions, which ultimately increases the blood pressure, and heart rate, imbalances the hormones, and slows, or shuts down our immune system. This unhealthy response reeks havoc on the body, which basically creates illnesses. The fight or flight response is in our body to save us from a life or death situation, not everyday situations.
5. Have hope. The opposite of hope is hopelessness, which creates depression. Depression is the opposite of happiness. True success is our ability to create happiness, which comes from the self. When happiness comes from within, we can be happy at anytime, and anywhere.
Happiness does not come from food, TV, money, shopping, others, or addictions. Happiness comes from knowing your worth, and your capabilities. Happiness comes from being connected to your soul, and knowing what is important. Happiness comes from the thoughts that you regularly think, so if you think lack, you will feel unhappy.
People are always trying to monetize me, or improve my looks, which is so silly because money, and me being better looking does not make me happy. Most people think that money, and being better looking creates happiness. That kind of happiness is an illusion. Sure money is nice, and looking good makes me feel good but what if I measure my happiness on how many people I help, so that they can be happy? What if I think that I am perfect, and I don't need to improve? Sure improvement is good, but focusing on my qualities, rather than criticizing myself, is better thinking for happiness, and hope. Thoughts like that make me happy, and thoughts like that come from me.
6. Be charitable; in other words, have charity. Charity is the pure love of Christ, which is unconditional love. There are so many stressed out people who hate so easily, and the only thing that does is make themselves feel like shizola, i.e. poop. Hating easily is unconditional hate. The opposite of hate is charity. Charity is love, understanding, and an attitude of service. Hate is just an attitude of looking for a reason to feel bad. Move towards love, and you will feel better, or move towards hate, and feel like a poop.
7. Become connected to God. I have helped thousands of people in crisis, and despair, and the number one remedy is connecting people back to God. I say back to God because when we are in crisis, or despair, we are not connected to God, and that is how we get into the crisis. This is very deep because there is no other greater comfort than what God gives. I know that this is so, and I see it with every person I help.
It is my experience that the very few people who do not believe in God, that I help, are continuously coming back to me because they do not get the stress relief from connecting to God. Also, there are people who say they believe in God, but don't act like it, which is the same as not believing.
I know a person, many persons actually, who happens to be the most stressed out person I know, who professes to believe in God, but has absolutely no faith, hope, or charity. Well, maybe a little sometimes. But if that person really believed in God, that person would, without a doubt, have, or at least try to have, faith, hope, and charity.
People who do believe in God, that I help, gain skills for life when they reconnect to God, and they rarely return to me for ways to destress. Connecting to God is knowing, or remembering rather, the purpose of life, what is important, and no matter what, everything is gonna be just fine. Not just fine, but super duper allie ooper.
Okay, so I hope you enjoyed my pithy post about how to destress. Stay tuned for each item in detail, coming soon, on a blog near you. He he he...
Have a great weekend my friend, I love you, I truly do, and I want nothing but happiness, and joy for you.
If you like what you read please subscribe to my blog by putting your email address in the box at the top, just above this post, and you will receive updated posts. Don't forget to confirm your subscription.
Have you read my bookS??? If not, click the picture to learn more. If you have, and you want to be kind, click the picture, and write a review on Amazon. Thank you so much...