Hello there my friend! So very glad to see you here on my blog, destressing with me.
When we are in a relationship it is suppose to be because we enjoy one another. Often times life can get in the way and cause stress and strain on a couple and we may loose sight of why we were together in the first place.
Love is two souls binding into one. Mushy, I know but, in my eyes it is true. That is what love is all about and this should mean that kindness, consideration, friendship, and tenderness come easily. If this is how your relationship used to be, and now is not, chances are you may need to destress your relationship.
What does it mean to destress a relationship? Well, when we are stressed we are filled with doubt, fear, tension, strain, and worry. When we destress ourselves we change that stress into success. The success I am talking about is certainty, comfort, confidence, ease, and hope.
Here are six great ways to Destress Your Relationship before Valentines day.
- Start each day with gratitude. When you wake up, each day, think of what you are grateful for in the other person. Frequently, people focus on what is wrong rather than what is right, and a good habit is to focus on what is right. What is right with your partner? Write it down in a small love note and give it to each other every morning. This is an excellent way to start the day.
- Give what you would like to receive. If you want love and affection then give love and affection. The best way to figure out how to do this is to sit down together and discuss what each one wants, make a list, and give. Concentrate on giving, not on what you are not getting. Giving is the greatest gift of all and if you have not learned that yet, keep giving until you have.
- Always compliment and never insult. Sometimes we think it is funny to put someone down in a joking manner but it is not, it is hurtful. When you are playful with one another make it positive, and never negative. Try to compliment one another often, so often it gets sickening and then you can laugh and be playful about it.
- Read a relationship book together. Every night, rather than watch TV. Read a relationship book that you both agree on. This does three things, first it helps you spend quality time together, second you will learn great relationship skills together, and third your communication will improve and increase.
- Define what a best friend is. Sit down together and brainstorm what a best friend is. Write down what it means to be a best friend. This exercise is awesome because when you create your list you are defining your characteristics in your relationship and like magic you are the ultimate best friends.
- Pray together. A couple that prays together stays together.
- Finally, read my new book, about how to destress, together. It has a stress test and ways to destress. It will be fun! You can get it by clicking here.
Choose one or all of these exercises and I guarantee that you will destress your relationship. When you are two souls binding together as one you will be willing to do anything to keep your love and happiness alive.
One last thing... Make it a commitment just like you made each other a commitment when you decided to be together. If you are brave enough, make it a commitment for at least 90 days, and just watch how wonderful it is when you destress your relationship by destressing each other.
These are small tasks that will make considerable differences.
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY
DON'T FORGET TO HAVE FUN AND BE PLAYFUL!
If you like what you read please subscribe to my blog by putting your email address in the box above, and you will receive updated posts. Don't forget to confirm your subscription.
If you need help, email me, I would love to hear from you and help you in any way I can.